Create a Designated Scholarship
Currently 19 designated scholarships named in honor or in memory of leaders throughout the cleaning industry, as well as other district scholarships, are awarded to approximately 50 students annually, as a legacy to these leaders.
Our donor designated scholarship funds are available as a philanthropic investment from a member company in support of a named scholarship. Awards for the scholarship may be granted to employees and immediate family members of the company who are full-time students pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in a fully accredited four-year college or university. The ideal candidate for this scholarship will have demonstrated need and merit. Specific criteria can be established for the applicants by the designated fund donor.
What is needed to start a fund?
A minimum gift of $25,000 – payable over two years – can be used for expendable support of an ISSA Scholars Named Fund. Once the fund reaches $25,000, it will be active, and an award will be made the following spring. You may choose to give one or more awards each year, at whatever amount you choose, with a suggested minimum of $3,000. ISSA Scholars takes care of all the administrative work, including the review process, the company takes care of the marketing internally.
For more information please contact Sandy Wolfrum, ISSA Charities Development Director, at (630) 423-8799 or [email protected].
Current Designated Scholarships
- Charles and David Wax Scholarship
- Edward Lane National Sanitary Supply Company Scholarship
- Francis T. Callahan Scholarship
- Golden Star Inc.’s Leland Grandlinger and Earl C. Julio Scholarship
- Heeren Family Scholarship
- ISSA Canada Award
- ISSA General Scholarship
- ISSA Hygieia Network Scholarship
- Jack D. Ramaley Award
- Louis G. Goorland Fund/ISSA Staff Award
- Maintex/Silverman Fund Award
- Manufacturers Rep Fund Award
- New England Sanitary Supply Association (NESSA) Scholarship
- Richard H. Jarden Scholarship
- Roger & Victoria Parrott Scholarship
- Sanitary Supply Wholesalers Association (SSWA) Scholarship
- Servicon Mahdesian Family Scholarship
- Southern California Sanitary Supply Association (SCSSA) Scholarship
- Spartan Chemical Company’s E.T. Swigart Scholarship
- Waxie’s Enterprises, Inc. Scholarship
- Western Paper Distribution/Morris Fund Scholarship
- Zucker/Uhrman Fund Award